05-06-14

Sophie's return

Two weeks ago Sophie passed away but she's slowy coming to life again. This is a very weird experience. When I started sculpting this little duck I had Sophie in mind, I tried to capture her most familiar pose; looking up to me hoping for some treats and attention. Of course I looked at photos of her and while carving and sanding I looked at her sister Saffy too who was sitting next to me in the yard (they were sisters and looked very similar). When I started painting her colors and markings I starteled because there is no doubt this is Sophie and not one of our other Muscovies. This is the first coat of paint, I'm going to detail her and refine her features but already I see my sweet Sophie return in this little sculpture. Oh boy....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen