13-08-14

Bigger!

Made my largest silicone mold to date today and it worked out perfectly! Wohoo! Uptill now I've made two small molds for fridge magnets but this green man is a wall hanging and quite a bit larger.
I made a wooden frame for this one, didn't dare to built a wall from play dough as the weight of the silicone might have pushed it away.
The frame worked well. I placed the original on a slab of play dough to keep it in place but some silicone still seeped under the sculpture which left the edges quite messy but the imprint is sharp and no air bubbles! I'm quite excited and can't wait to make a cast with the ground marble.
I'm getting the hang of it, mixing of the two components went well and preparing the frame was successful.
On to the next one, even bigger!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen